Drop-In Figure Drawing & Painting (Tuesdays 6-8pm)
Every Tuesday 6-8pm
Figure Drawing/Painting sessions with a nice variety of poses suitable for drawing and and painting artists. The shorter poses allow for gestural or loose work while the longer poses are perfect for more detail or even a finished painting.
- Nude model with ocassional semi-nude or costume sessions.
- We begin with short poses suitable for gesture drawing and build up to longer poses in the second hour.
- Single & ocassionaly multiple light sources.
- No instruction! Peer review only, if you choose. Some advice or assistance is always available by the monitor.
- Reference photographs sometimes available.*
- Wine is recommended :)
Price: $12 (drop-in) • Card of 10 sessions $100
Figure classes run weekly on Tuesdays 6-8pm.
- September 12
- September 19
- September 26
- October 3
- October 10
- October 17
- October 24
- October 31
- November 7
- November 14
Price: $12 (drop-in); Card of 10 sessions $100
Register for any session...HERE or below
Figure drawing has been the standard measurement of an artist's skills for hundreds of years. It is as important today as ever. It teaches good observation and accurate sketching.
The best way to learn how to draw anything is by observing and drawing human beings. If you know how to render the figure well, your skills at creating nonfigurative and even abstract art will be stronger. Life drawing teaches accuracy of observation and leads to the ability to draw or paint any subject.
The more you draw the figure the more you will develop the ability to communicate movement and personality. By using simple lines an artist should be able to give a figure a real sense of life and individuality. You will learn to draw three dimensionally and to make the figures feel like they exist in a real world.