Mixed Media Flower Fun
Time & Location
About the Event
- Two day workshop:
November: 28th 9:00 am - 4:00pm
November: 29th 9:00 am - 4:00pm
Instructor: Lori Lukasewich
Build your art skills in a fun and portable way. Sketchbooks are used in many ways. Everything from project planning to journalling a great trip.
A sketchbook is a place for working out visual thinking for any idea or project that you are working on. Your sketchbook can also be a private space for personal exploration and practice.
There are as many ways to use sketchbooks as there are many different types of artists.
While I often use mine to work out ideas, designs and details for larger projects, I also use them as journals, for recording travels, studies of landscape, architecture and people.
We will use various creative examples to inspire you and give you the confidence to use your sketchbook as a playground of visual ideas, a place to let your muse take over, and a workhorse for developing drawing, painting, composition and collage skills.
Learn Why You Should Keep a Daily Sketchbook and How to Get Started.
This Sketchbook workshop will give you the tools and the confidence you need to grow your creative practice. Adding this technique to your artistic skills will take your creativity to the next level.
The more you do this, the faster your skills grow. Use it for journaling, practicing observation, planning projects, and so much more. Keeping a sketchbook is a terrific tool for improving all of your artwork. This workshop will advance your artistic practice.
- Along with your minimum painting kit - which is: Artist Grade Acrylic:
- Cadmium Lemon Yellow or Hansa Yellow Light
- Cadmium Yellow Medium
- Quinacridone Red or Rose
- Cadmium Red Light
- Pthalo Blue
- Ultramarine Blue
- Titanium White
- Strip palette or Wet palette [ for acrylics ]
- 2-3 Canvas boards or primed masonite or cradled birch panels
- Matte Medium liquid [ for acrylics ]
- Fine mist spray bottle,
- Suggested Brushes [min] - 1" flat or filbert
- Hogs hair or nylon, 1/4 " round, Small round detail
- Small pointed metal mixing knife
- A fine pointed dip pen - (nib and nib holder)
- Waterproof India ink( black)
- You’ll also need 3 - 4 small cups for mixing medium into the paint
- Your choice of Soft or Heavy gel medium,
- Plain white or coloured tissue paper,
- Masking tape.
- Then you can let your imagination go wild with almost any kind of paper you can imagine. From lovely handmade decorative papers to old newspapers, old books, erasers, oil &or chalk pastels, pencils, stencils, spatulas, etc etc.. You get to choose. So bring what pleases you. Maybe even an iridescent acrylic colour or 2
- Sold OutTicket$210+$10.50 Tax+$5.51 Service fee$210+$10.50 Tax+$5.51 Service fee0$0