A classic titanium white acrylic ground to prepare your surface and add a high level of tooth.
What it does
- Primes surfaces and adds a high level of tooth for maximum colour adhesion and stability
- Gives a matte white, opaque finish which provides a professional standard, archival base to help maintain the longevity of your work
- Stiffens your canvases and creates the optimum absorbency for paint application
- Establishes a good surface for preliminary charcoal or pencil drawings
- Always use a quality artist’s gesso if you want a lasting, archival base - a low-cost ground will flake and separate from your support, taking your work with it. With proper application and under the right conditions, a professional gesso will last generations
How to use it
- Fully inter-mixable with all Liquitex products
- Use undiluted or thin with up to 25% water - when thinning more than 25%, use an equal mixture of water and Liquitex Matte Medium
- Sand hard or shiny surfaces first, apply a thin coat to support with a wide, flat brush and leave to dry for at least 24 hours before starting to paint
- To create a smoother base, sand the surface and reapply gesso
- If using as a base for oils, apply 2-4 coats and sand between applications
- Add acrylic colour for a custom tint - Soft Body Acrylic is the optimum consistency
Premium acrylic gesso is used to prepare painting surfaces for acrylic/oil paint. It provides the perfect “tooth” and adhesion to canvas, paper and wood. Non-yellowing, flexible and non-cracking. Can be used as-is or diluted by up to 25% with water. Liquitex Gesso can also be mixed with Liquitex Medium or High Viscosity Artist Colors to produce a range of coloured grounds.
Liquitex Acrylic Gesso
Please contact us to purchase by calling 403-258-3500 or by simply emailing us at email@example.com. We are not yet an E-commerce (online store) business. All purchases will be in-store or shipped by call or email.