A very clear ground that keeps the working surface visible.
- Ideal high tooth for pastel, oil pastel, graphite, and charcoal
- Excellent ground for acrylic and oil paint
- Mix with acrylic colour to have a tinted ground
- Dries clear to translucent depending on the thickness
- Flexible, non-cracking and non-yellowing when dry
- Provides the perfect “tooth” and adhesion to a wide variety of surfaces including canvas, paper and wood
- Excellent base coat primer for many applications for example murals
- For canvas, paper, wood, or any clean, porous, non-oily surface
- Sizes and primes while maintaining the original appearance of the surface
- Provides paper with a good tooth for chalk and oil pastel techniques
- Mix with a very small amount of transparent or translucent acrylic colour to tint the ground while maintaining transparency
Liquitex transparent gesso primes rigid supports while preserving their natural aspect. It provides a rough surface adapted to a large diversity of mediums and allows the work surface to show through.
Liquitex transparent gesso is particularly suitable for pastel or charcoal works, but also for oil, acrylic, gouache and casein. It allows for a better colour adherence and can be coloured.
Translucent once dry, it is permanent, does not crack, is non-yellowing, flexible and waterproof. This gesso is ideal for painting on coloured surfaces and constitutes an excellent background for oil and acrylic paintings.
Liquitex Clear Gesso
Please contact us to purchase by calling 403-258-3500 or by simply emailing us at email@example.com. We are not yet an E-commerce (online store) business. All purchases will be in-store or shipped by call or email.